Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Orlando!

Over Memorial Day weekend, Patrick and I got to go to Orlando for a fun theme-park-filled weekend. We started out spending the first day going to three different parks at Disney World: Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and The Magic Kingdom. We had to run over to Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster because the line always gets SO long! It was by far our favorite ride at Disney World.




We went to the Animal Kingdom next. It was our first time there, and although it was small, we really enjoyed it. Everest was pretty neat, but the best part was cooling off after the water ride. My mom was the most wet, but you can't tell since she's wearing black pants. She didn't go on any other water rides after that.



Day #2 were both Universal parks. Of course, the very first thing we did was head to Harry Potter World! It was pretty amazing how they made it all come to life. My favorite part was being inside the castle and seeing the talking portraits. It all seemed so real! We went into Olivander's Wand Shop, Honeydukes, and Zonko's Joke Shop. Patrick asked a worker there how late the shops were open, and she immediately informed him that there were some shops that were just facades of a building. Yeah...



Butter beer!


Our final morning in Orlando, we went to my family's favorite miniature golf course of all time: Pirates Cove. It is a family tradition to play there each visit, and we couldn't let Patrick leave without playing there as well! He and my dad seem to have an ongoing competition at whatever they do. My family is pretty competitive. Patrick beat my dad on the Buzz Lightyear ride, my dad beat Patrick on the Men In Black ride, and beat him again at mini-golf. HOWEVER, my dad lost to my mom on both MIB, and mini-golf, so at least Patrick found some joy in that. I think I would have won were it not for my hair constantly blocking my view.




My dad was making a "number two" sign because Patrick's first shot hit the rope. Again, my dad is pretty competitive.


The only problem with the trip was that it was too short. Hopefully we can go back again soon! And if not that, maybe a Disney Cruise.... Mom.... Dad.....

2 comments:

  1. Kimberly! I'm so glad you are blogging. I love it. Looks like you had a blast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! i want to go to harry potter land so bad!

    ReplyDelete